Friday, December 30, 2016

Homemade Teen Girl Christmas Gifts

DIY Christmas Gifts
I dusted off my sewing machine in November and made several Christmas projects for my friends, teens, extended family members, and toddler.  They are all simple beginner sewing projects that turned out awesome. I mainly used my leftover scrap material or quarter yard fabrics or bought material from a thrift shop.
 Lavender Rice Packs
I made these for my teenage daughters, friends, and some extended family. I got the rice pack pattern and tutorial from A Gentle Strength.  I also printed out some cute gift labels from Tori Grant Designs.  Supplies: material, lavender oil, and rice.
 
Eye Masks
I made these for my teenage daughters since they love their beauty sleep and don't like to see light. I got the eye mask pattern and tutorial from Making Things Is Awesome. Supplies: material, elastic, and felt or quilt batting. 
iPhone and Headphones Pouch
I made my teenagers and myself one of these cute pouches. I got the iPhone pouch tutorial from Penny Dog. This was pretty easy tutorial. I think the pocket is perfect for storing a driver's license, debit card, or headphones while on the go. Supplies: a couple different pieces of material and quilt batting.
Headband Warmers
I made these ear headband warmers for the whole family! I got the ear warmers headband tutorial from Crazy Little Projects. Supplies: soft fleece material.
Gumball Magnets
I made these for my teenage daughters. I was inspired by Imagine Our Life's gumball machine ornament, but I wanted something smaller so I printed out the pattern and tutorial from her advent snow globe Christmas ornament. I bought some really strong magnets from a local craft store that were stitched between the layers. Supplies: felt, embroidery thread, needle, colorful beads, strong magnets, and sequins.
Pillows for Decorations
I made these for my teenage daughters.  As a bonus, I found the blue soft fleece fabric from a thrift store. I did a simple quilt block layout for the pillows.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Step into the virtual pages of jenblogpage where insights and experiences come to life, providing readers with a wealth of knowledge. Renowned for its commitment to sharing valuable tips and guidance, this platform is a hub for those seeking practical advice. Beyond the digital ink and pixels, jenblogpage is now unveiling a treasure trove of tips on how to ship a car to another state. Envision a seamless integration of informative narratives and logistical finesse, where the same dedication to offering insights extends to ensuring the secure and efficient transportation of vehicles across state lines. With ship car to another state the process of shipping a car to another state becomes a journey through the digital lanes of logistics, promising not only the dissemination of valuable advice but also an experience as smoothly executed and meticulously detailed as the tips celebrated within this insightful chronicle.