Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Recipe Box Keepsake

Recipe Box Keepsake
My daughter asked for a recipe box for Christmas, which she plans to fill out recipe cards as part of her Young Woman Value project. I found a bamboo recipe box at Bed Bath and Beyond. As my gift to her, I made scrappy dividers out of scrapbook paper, made labels, printed out recipe cards, bought stickers, printed out quotes, made a few layered recipe cards as note cards, etc. It turned out so darling! I cannot wait to make my own recipe box keepsake! 
Dividers Templates
I found the blank divider templates from Free Printables Online. I made my own labels  using a chalk board background paper and used I'm Bored font.
50's Kitchen Card 
These are the note cards that I made and I wrote a note on the back.  I got the complete kit for free. The 50's Kitchen Cards are from Paper Craft by the way they have many beautiful other free cards to download!
Recipe Card Printables
I collected a bunch of free recipe cards from many websites, which I printed out on white card stock paper. I also found some recipe cards at Hobby Lobby and Walmart. Here are some of my free printable recipe cards favorites: Cookie Exchange Cards, Kokeshi Doll Cards, Colorful Recipe Cards, and Black and White Cards.
 Baking and Cooking Cheats
I found a wonderful printable of baking and cooking cheats from Thrifty Homemade Days, which I cut out and put on paper from Paper Craft's  50's Kitchen Cards set. 
Supplies: Recipe box, scrapbook paper, divider template, embellishments, scissors, paper cutter, and glue stick  I used 12X12 Hopscotch double sided paper pack and baking stickers came from Walmart. I collected baking/cooking quotes, Julia Child Quotes, Baking Theme Stickers by Victoria Thatcher and random vintage images from Pinterest. I basically put the chalkboard quotes in a couple different journal card templates and printed them out on sticker paper. Here is my Recipe Box Pinterest Board with some pins for inspiration in making her recipe box.  The project was so easy and fun to make!

5 comments:

digitizing said...

Very Good Article, This blog is always been my first choice to read, Thanks For sharing with us.

Suchitra said...

Wow So Beautiful,Very Nice Blog. Thank u So Much For Sharing.
oak vent

elvina roy said...

Its an amazing blog nice work keep it up norwich discount oil coupon

Alex said...

Nice article, thanks for sharing this information. Good to know that this topic is being covered also in this web site. Many thanks for getting enough time to discuss this, They have been a giant help for us. Thanks a whole lot. moz seo chrome extension

hire someone to take my online exam said...

The Recipe Box Keepsake is a custom made recipe box that is a must-have for any kitchen. Made with a sturdy wood construction, it is a gift that will last for years. Inside, there is room for up to 150 recipes and all the ingredients to make them. The box also comes with a recipe card that is designed to hold all the details about the dish and how to make it. The Recipe Box Keepsake is a gift that will last for years. It comes with a recipe card that is designed to hold all the details about the dish and how to make it.